the cop on the phone told me you have to blow me now
All posts by lilmookieesquire
Saturday, 13 October 2018

Racking the sake (white stuff is rice/yeast/koji solids). Next step will be heat pasteurization. Old posts in extended.

quote [ SE: The magic of the Internet ]

Racking the sake. The white stuff is the rice/yeast/koji solids. The sake picture at the end is comparing the daiginjo sake with my sake. You’ll notice the daiginjo has a lot of flavor but it’s clear. This is because they use less of the outside of the rice, which creates a yellow color. (I just used table rice at 70-60% of grain remaining vs daiginjo using like 50-40%. Sake is usually filtered to remove the yellow tint, which reduces flavor. So the good stuff is usually clear, but retains lots of flavor.


[SFW] [do it yourSElf] [+8 Interesting]
[by lilmookieesquire@6:05amGMT] [2 comments]

Friday, 12 October 2018

Major Study Finds The US Is An Oligarchy (from 2014: oldie but a goodie)

quote [ Government serves special interests, not people. ]

It's not new, but it seems like the past 4 years have only served to underscore this.

[SFW] [Big Brother] [+3 Underrated]
[by lilmookieesquire@5:58amGMT] [8 comments]

Monday, 8 October 2018

Powering Democratic candidates, committees, parties, organizations, and c4s around the country.

quote [ Make Republican senators pay for confirming Brett Kavanaugh ]

Please do your homework before donating to the lilmookie hedge fund link above. There's been some sentiment that there's nothing we can do but vote. We can do more than vote. We can donate a dollar a race- that's about ten bucks.

[SFW] [politics] [+4]
[by lilmookieesquire@3:41amGMT] [6 comments]

Wednesday, 3 October 2018

Pressing the sake

quote [ SE: The magic of the Internet ]

Here you go you savages. Next post(s) will be about:
filtering via gravity
why it looks piss yellow
pasteurizing & bottling.

[SFW] [do it yourSElf] [+9 Original]
[by lilmookieesquire@3:53amGMT] [10 comments]

Monday, 1 October 2018

Major Catholic magazine rescinds endorsement of Kavanaugh over sexual assault allegations

quote [ Brett Kavanaugh cites his Jesuit education to defend his integrity. Now a Jesuit magazine (America Magazine: Lilmookie's note) has disavowed his nomination. ]

. “For the good of the country and the future credibility of the Supreme Court in a world that is finally learning to take reports of harassment, assault and abuse seriously,” the editors concluded, “it is time to find a nominee whose confirmation will not repudiate that lesson.”

[SFW] [politics] [+4]
[by lilmookieesquire@6:43amGMT] [12 comments]



Friday, 28 September 2018

Watch Scientists Accidentally Blow Up Their Lab With The Strongest Indoor Magnetic Field Ever

quote [ Researchers at the University of Tokyo were expecting to create a strong magnetic field, but they got a lot more than they were bargaining for. ]

there was suppose to be an earth shattering kaboom!
[SFW] [science & technology] [+3 Interesting]
[by lilmookieesquire@2:04amGMT] [4 comments]

Sunday, 23 September 2018

WEED THE PEOPLE — New Documentary From Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein

quote [ Cannabis has been off-limits to doctors and researchers in the US for the past 80 years, but recently scientists have discovered its anti-cancer properties. If weed is truly saving lives, why doesn’t the government want people to access it? ]

You it’s ever wondered what Riki Lake has been doing to keep herself busy?
[SFW] [tv & movies] [+2 Good]
[by lilmookieesquire@11:53pmGMT] [0 comments]

Let's Robot - User Created Robotic Telepresence Network

quote [ Let's Robot is a new kind of live-streaming telepresence platform for controlling robots and other devices through the internet. We are still in the early stages of development, so please keep coming back for updates! ]

It's pretty fun if you got some spare time.
[SFW] [science & technology] [+3]
[by lilmookieesquire@2:10amGMT] [1 comment]

Monday, 10 September 2018

Someone has mixed Tchaikovsky’s ‘Swan Lake’ with ‘Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It’ and it’s actually incredible

quote [ Nothing to see here, just some ballerinas getting jiggy with it… ]

I laughed. A lot. alalaslahdtghtdh
[SFW] [music] [+4]
[by lilmookieesquire@1:15amGMT] [11 comments]

Friday, 31 August 2018

Making Sake Day 12: Moromi (Main ferment/mash)

quote [ SE: The magic of the Internet ]

Moromi, or how I crushed my plastic holder in the bottom of my keezer

[SFW] [do it yourSElf] [+3 Good]
[by lilmookieesquire@7:44amGMT] [1 comment]



Previous 10 entries by lilmookieesquire >



Posts of Import
4 More Years!
SE v2 Closed BETA
First Post
Subscriptions and Things
AskSE: What do you look like?

Karma Rankings
ScoobySnacks
arrowhen
HoZay
lilmookieesquire
XregnaR