don't feel ashamed, put your clothes off and jerk at will
All posts by arrowhen
Monday, 13 August 2018

Google tracks your movements, like it or not

quote [ SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Google wants to know where you go so badly that it records your movements even when you explicitly tell it not to. ]

[SFW] [Big Brother] [+2]
[by arrowhen@4:12pmGMT] [16 comments]

Friday, 10 August 2018

Hackers at convention to ferret out election system bugs

quote [ Def Con, one of the world's largest hacker conventions, will serve as a laboratory for breaking into voting machines this week, extending its efforts to identify potential security flaws in technology that may be used in the November U.S. elections. ]

[SFW] [politics] [+3 Good]
[by arrowhen@6:55pmGMT] [2 comments]

Thursday, 9 August 2018

Unknown Unknowns: The Problem of Hypocognition

quote [ We wander about the unknown terrains of life, complacent about what we know and oblivious to what we miss ]

[SFW] [science & technology] [+4 Interesting]
[by arrowhen@7:20pmGMT] [5 comments]

Tuesday, 7 August 2018

Middle-aged men for rent in Japan

quote [ Apparently, many clients are in psychological pain: About 70% use the service for consultations or talking, Nishimoto said, while the other 30% request "manual" help, such as lifting boxes. ]

[SFW] [people] [+5 Interesting]
[by arrowhen@4:23pmGMT] [2 comments]

Sunday, 5 August 2018

'Humans are a post-truth species'

quote [ In his new book, 21 Lessons for the 21st Century, the bestselling author turns his attention to the problems we face today. Here, he argues that ‘fake news’ is much older than Facebook ]

[SFW] [people] [+4 Sad]
[by arrowhen@6:30pmGMT] [2 comments]



Saturday, 4 August 2018

The ethics of computer science: this researcher has a controversial proposal

quote [ Nature talks to Brent Hecht, who says peer reviewers must ensure that researchers consider negative societal consequences of their work. ]

[SFW] [science & technology] [+2]
[by arrowhen@10:54pmGMT] [1 comment]

Thursday, 2 August 2018

This is what the life of an incel looks like

quote [ Incels believe that they are doomed by society’s cruel rules to never have sex. We spent time with a member of the incel community. ]

[SFW] [people] [+7 Sad]
[by arrowhen@8:11pmGMT] [35 comments]

Wednesday, 1 August 2018

In upstate New York, a DMT-inspired psychedelic temple rises

quote [ Head north from New York City and you might stumble on the Chapel of Sacred Mirrors' Entheon, an architectural art piece, transdemoninational chapel, and psychedelic-inspired hall of art. ]

[SFW] [religion & spirituality] [+5 laz0r]
[by arrowhen@9:49pmGMT] [2 comments]

Do Not Read

quote [ Restricted collections in remarkable libraries. ]

[SFW] [literature] [+6]
[by arrowhen@12:32amGMT] [3 comments]

Tuesday, 31 July 2018

How the ‘brainy’ book became a publishing phenomenon

quote [ These uncertain times have seen a renewed interest in serious nonfiction, as people try to make sense of an unstable world ]

[SFW] [literature] [+2 Good]
[by arrowhen@3:44amGMT] [2 comments]



Previous 10 entries by arrowhen >



Posts of Import
4 More Years!
SE v2 Closed BETA
First Post
Subscriptions and Things
AskSE: What do you look like?

Karma Rankings
arrowhen
ScoobySnacks
HoZay
lilmookieesquire
XregnaR